Sunday, April 02, 2006

white is the new black

On Tuesday morning I took delivery of my newest piece of camera gear - a Canon EF 70mm-200mm f/4L zoom lens. I tested it on the weekend in-store against some more expensive, faster (but heavier) f/2.8 Canon and Sigma lenses, but the f/4L got the nod because of its light weight and amazing pro quality for the price. I'm hoping that with this lens in my bag, plus my existing EF-S 18-55mm kit lens, I'll have a good combination for the upcoming trips over summer. I really missed not having a long lens while in Scotland, and more recently I would have loved to have had one in Copenhagen - so I hope the big expense will pay off with plenty of use.

It's white, is made of metal so it's nice and solid, it is a professional-grade 'L' series lens; and after only shooting a few shots over the last few days and some more test shots from the roof of our flat this afternoon (click here to see them), I absolutely love it!

the new lens, without the lens hood on

With a few outdoor events coming up on the calender in the next few weeks, I'll try and get some good first proper shots and get them up into the photography gallery - keep an eye out for the 70-200mm zoom settings in the exif stats beneath each image.

-shane

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home