Friday, October 14, 2005

JC & Spargo catch up in London

This post might be a bit out of sync, as we've been doing plenty in the past few weeks. But I thought i'd better log an entry straight away to mark the visit of my old boss JC, during his visit to Europe and London..

I met JC and his wife Bronwyn at their apartment in the tourist-hotel district of Earls Court, which is not far from where I live here, and it was fantastic to catch up on all that had been happening with us here in London, and all the news from home, QR Property, and Brisbane in general.

John and I then headed to Notting Hill, to a fantastic local traditional pub which I love called the Churchill Arms, just down Kensington Church Street from Notting Hill Gate. I love this pub, and JC and I quickly hit the cosy bar and began sampling each of the Lagers along the taps. Plenty of old stories were ressurected, and without the Churchill memorabilia, hundreds of bed pans, and copper milking cans hanging from the ceiling of this ornate and very traditional establishment, it almost felt like Brisbane again... well, honestly, not really...

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

It was great to catch up with an old work mate, and no doubt we'll see him when we return home eventually, and also the rest of 3's Company at my wedding..!

-shane

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home