Sunday, November 21, 2004

London Apple Retail Store opening

Sporting a wicked hangover from the Brick Lane curry night the night before, I headed into the West End early this morning for a unique event in the world of Apple Computing, it was the official store opening of the first Apple-owned Retail Store outside of the U.S. and Japan (see http://www.apple.com/uk/retail/regentstreet).. I know, I am crazy..

With the store opening its doors at 10am, I arrived at the store on Regent Street at 8:30am to join a queue of about 1500 other fans at that stage, with the line growing rapidly – some hardcore fans of the brand had flown in from San Francisco for this, and slept on the street so they could be one of the first in the door.. the attraction wasn’t just the store and what was inside it, but the offer of a free Apple London store opening T-Shirt which is limited to the first 2500 people into the door.. so I stood there, on the back streets behind the store, on the coldest morning in London thus far, waiting for the line to slowly make its way around the corner and into the store – after making friends in the queue with a whole bunch of other Apple enthusiasts, we finally snaked our way the corner and into the store to receive our free shirts! I am proudly wearing it as I type, and of course, it's black in typical Steve Jobs fashion..


Finally, I make it to the front of the queue and the front door on Regent Street!


Inside the store (and several demonstration Powerbooks just like ours!)


The infamous T-Shirt - yes, it was worth lining up for!


While I stood freezing my arse off in the queue, waiting for my free limited edition store opening T-Shirt, carly and her mum were across town shopping in Harrods in Knightsbridge – I later met them, and it was apparent that they weren’t as impressed with my t-shirt as I was..

-shane

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home